Sunday, September 16, 2007

Silly Baby

She's so silly... she WAS positioned straight on her daddy, but she decided to wiggle her way into this funny pose.
From another angle :)
REAL attractive... this is what new motherhood looks like. No make-up, and no shower till 1pm.
Cute outfit, you can see up her nose!
One more from the hospital, I found on my phone.

The doctors said that we'd start to see her true personality shine through around one month. I think she's coming out of her shell now! Yesterday it seemed as though we went to bed with one baby, and woke up with a whole new one! Yes, she looked the same, smelled the same, and still had a full diaper for me to change. But her attitude has changed! She is much more honory and picky. It's almost as though she just knows what she wants and wont settle for anything less! She likes to trick me into thinking she's hungry, when she really just wants to play. She almost never stays in the position that you put her in to sleep. She likes to be in control, as much as she can be. It's funny, but kinda frustrating! I thought I was getting the hang of this baby and her needs and likes, but then she goes and switches everything up on me!! I guess it will be like this for a long time though, since she's growing and changing everyday.
It's nuts for me to think that she's already over 2 weeks old! I guess it's even more crazy how I could still be pregnant with her right now!! She isn't technically due until the 26th, 10 days from now! OH MAN, if I were still pregnant I'd be HUGE by now! SHE would be huge by now! At least a 8lb baby by the due date. I'm glad she came the way she did!
There's this movie rental store here in Rexburg called Clean Flicks (or something similar to that). They go through and edit all the movies that come in. Take out swear words, sex scenes, and other inappropriate stuff. It's kinda nice. We rented Crash last night. I had heard a lot about it and Tanner really wanted to see it. It was pretty good, but very intense. Layla did pretty good throughout, only feeding once. I didn't know if watching a whole movie would be possible, but it worked out.
Oh, how I miss my Washington! I keep thinking about how nice it would be to just drive down to my Mom's or up to Colleen's. What a luxury! I totally took advantage of that while I lived there. How close everything and everyone was! I can't wait to go back! Rexburg is SO different. Blank, desolate, empty, void of all things fun and exciting and inviting. Okay, okay I'm exaggerating a bit... or a lot. But it's just not home and it makes me a little sad that Layla won't know Washington as her first home. Oh well, as long as I have Tanner's word that we'll move home after school, I can survive.
My Layla just spit up ALL OVER herself!!! I've gotta go! yuck.

No comments: