Saturday, September 8, 2007

One thing after another

Poor baby. If it's not one thing, it's another. I feel so bad for my sweet baby. Luckily it's not all bad, because her jaundice cleared up after that ONE day of billiblanket and she's now gaining an average of 2 oz a day! Right when I thought that she was in the clear, her normal baby rash started to spread! Now she has red spots all over her little body! We were told that our detergent was too strong and to rinse twice with the baby brand, Dreft. We've been doing that and it still seems to get worse! Then we gave her a bath yesterday and rubbed Johnson's baby lotion on her and it flared up again! I think she may just have SUPER sensitive skin, but I want to make sure it's not something else. We have an appointment early next week.

My Mom is leaving tomorrow! :( As much as I like being independant (and sometimes stubbornly so) I am REALLY going to miss her. I didn't think I would feel like this either, but oh man has she been helpful!! I have someone, an adult, to keep me company during the day. To calm me down and tell me things are normal when I freak out. She cooks and cleans and wakes up during the night to let me take a break. She is Super Grandma! I guess it would be awkward to have her live her forever, but at least nearby! I wish so badly that we had family close. That would be the nicest thing! Oh well... only another 3 years and we can move back. Colleen, (my Mother in Law) Leah, and Ike (Sister in law and nephew) are coming next week! That should be fun! They're only staying for a day, but that's better than nothing! Taytum will be back next week too. She can come over and keep me company during the day, when everyone is gone. Thank goodness Tanner is so good to me and our little girl. I don't know what I'd do without him. I know that as long as we're here together, everything will be okay and work itself out.

No comments: