Friday, September 21, 2007

3 Weeks!

Pretty Girl
She loves her Daddy
Goofy Face

I can't believe that it's been 3 weeks! My baby really is growing! I put her little hospital cap on her head the other night, because it was really cold and her head is still too small for regular ones. When I put it on I could tell that it fit differently. My baby's head is getting bigger and for some reason that made me want to cry! But I didn't. She is so darn pretty though. I didn't know that babies could be so pretty as newborns. You know what I mean... usually they're WAY cute, just a little funny looking. I know that I'm a bit biased in my opinion, but Layla is gorgeous. It's so funny now, because she keeps gaining weight in her cheeks and neck. She's got a triple chin in progress. I love it!
Oh, another thing that is kinda funny about being a mom to a newborn... you know what's on t.v. at ANY time of the day. I was thinking about it yesterday and it's true, most of my time is spent sitting on the couch feeding her. Which is okay by me, but it also means that the t.v. is usually on as well. I've been up late watching Saved By the Bell, The Cosby Show, and even those freaky specials on MSNBC about serial killers. Which give me crazy dreams, by the way. A couple nights ago I had a dream that I killed a man that lived under my bed with a huge samurai sword. I woke up and still thought it was real for about 5 mins. I was holding my baby SUPER tight, thinking some man could jump out and get us! Anyway, today the cable went out (and is still out) and I realized how much I rely on it to entertain me. Sad, huh?
Well, this Sunday will be Layla's first time at church! I think we're only going to Sacrament meeting, but what a great start! I'm really excited to start getting out in the world again, especially with her. I get to show her all the fun and exciting things Rexburg has to offer... okay that'll take about an hour... but still. Tanner needs a sandwich, and I want to make it! Later gator!

No comments: