Sunday, September 23, 2007

Baby's First Time at Church!

All Dressed Up!
Dad's holding me! Like my dress??
She loves to look at windows :)
Peek-A-Boo
We decided that it was time to take Layla to church! Mom and baby only stayed for Sacrament meeting, but it was a great start! She slept all through most of it, until the end, when we had to put her back in her car seat. Dang seat! I think it looks comfortable, the straps aren't TOO tight, and we tuck her in with a fluffy blanket... I don't know why she hates it so much. Oh well, at least everything around here is super close. Our church building is like 2 mins from our house. There are so many babies in our ward right now too! At least 7 babies born within the last 3 months and there are still tons of pregnant ladies, ready to pop! Layla is definitely the cutest though. I think there are more girls than boys too.
Next weekend we're going to have Layla blessed. I'm really excited. Her little dress is SO cute and her Grandma Colleen got her the sweetest little bracelet. I wish she had a better bow or headband, not many actually fit her. I wish I knew how to make them too, that'd be nice. We went out to Taytum and Jared's last night, but ended up leaving early because I kept drifting in and out of sleep. It's hard to do things late these days, especially when you're OUT of the house. It's easier I think, when you have company over at night, because then you don't have to drive home at the end. It's funny because I kept finding myself looking down at Layla, who was peacefully snoozing away, and thinking to myself I COULD BE SLEEPING TOO! We ended up renting "We Are Marshall" and "Disturbia" and watched most of the first at their house. I felt bad for leaving in the middle of a movie, but I was DEAD tired.
Oh! I finally weighed myself since giving birth! Taytum and Jared have a scale in their bathroom and I was really nervous to stand on it... but I weigh a little LESS than my pre-pregnancy weight and was shocked! I'm not allowed to have one at home, for good reason, I stress too much about the actual number, which is not healthy. I hadn't weighed myself since going to the doctor's while pregnant and even then, I asked them not to tell me. Anywho, you could probably care less about my weight, so I'll move on.
Tanner is going back to work this week on Thursday. I'm glad that he was able to get a job with the same company he was working for, he is too. He'll be working in Ririe, which is only 20 mins or so from Rexburg. A lot better than the hour commute he was making before. I'm nervous for him to be gone so much though. Because he's been getting home from school around 1pm everyday and now it's going back to 6pm. That's five more hours that I'm here alone with Layla. How will I do it? I guess most wives manage even longer days than that, so I shouldn't complain.
Ewww gross.. Tanner just said that he likes the smell of spit up. Just thought I'd add.
Well, I'm starving and want to make cookies too, maybe snickerdoodles? Yeah, that sounds good.

No comments: