Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Baby Days




Little Layla is about 4 days old now getting cuter by the minute. She is seriously the BEST baby ever!! She is still quite active through the night, not letting Mommy sleep too much just yet, but I wouldn't change it for the world! She has her first doctor's appointment tomorrow at 8:40. I'm really anxious to see how much she weighs. I know that babies almost always lose some weight at first, but this baby eats more than I'd even imagine a baby to eat! Every 1-3 hours she gets quite a filling. I wouldn't be surprised if she weighed the same or even a tiny bit more. Who knows though, I'm no expert. She really doesn't seem too Jaundice, although I did notice a TINY bit of yellow in the whites of her eyes, but not much at all.

Tanner is back at work now, even though I know he'd much rather hang out with babycakes all day long. My mom is still here and is a HUGE help! I don't know how I'm going to do it after she leaves!! How will I take a shower?? Or go to the bathroom? I suppose I'll figure it out. I'm afraid that Layla will get really used to having Grandma around and then will miss her a bunch when she leaves too. One thing that's kinda nice, is that this is Tanner's last week of work. He will be starting school next week, but will get home much earlier than he does now. I love him so much, he is SUCH an amazing Dad. Always wants to hold her and take care of her needs. Not afraid to change diapers, or calm her when she's fussy. I couldn't be more blessed. Today he was making up songs about "Layla Burps" and "grapes" SO CUTE, had me cracking up! Well, I hope I'm doing an okay job too. I sure do love her. More than I ever imagined possible. Well that's enough for now.

No comments: