Sunday, September 30, 2007

Baby's Blessing Day

A big dress for such a little girl!
"What am I wearing??"
It doesn't taste very good
kicking and screaming
Just lying around...

We were in a bit of a rush this morning, trying to get everyone ready to go. I wish we could have gotten a family picture, but that'll have to wait. Doesn't she look super cute in her blessing outfit?? I bought the extra small dress, but it seems to look pretty big on her. It's so cute, because every time we dress her up in something "pretty" she seems to know how good she looks. She'll light up and smile. I love it! ANYWAY... It was freezing cold today and it snowed yesterday! That really has nothing to do with today's post, but I just thought I'd add.
So, we got to church on time and were happy to see a couple friends there as well. We asked Jared Stuart (Taytum's husband) and Lucas Griffin (one of Tanner's best friends) to stand in with him during the blessing. It's tough when you don't have family nearby, but they are awesome friends. We also had the Bishopric stand in; Bishop Samuelson, Bryce Wadell, and Andrew McCracken. They're all great guys, so I was pleased to have them participate. Tanner did an amazing job with the blessing. Layla had just fallen asleep on me, so I gently passed her to Tanner. He said that during the blessing she started slipping out of his grip! (The dress is pretty slick) and he had to re-adjust her quickly before she fell! Tanner said that once he finished the blessing, he opened his eyes and saw her all smiley with her hand grasping the microphone cord. Cute!! I was so nervous that if she wasn't asleep, she'd be crying. I guess she's more in tune with the spirit than I knew!
Well, it was a beautiful moment. She did really well the rest of Sacrament too. We passed her to Luke and Haylee halfway through. She grunted and groaned for them, which they thought was really cute. Then, it was time for Sunday school and she took a turn for the worse. She started fussing in the beginning, due to her un-comfy dress and messy diaper. So it was Mom to the rescue!! I took her to the Mother's Lounge for the first time (kinda scary I've got to admit... well more intimidating than scary). I changed her out of her big dress and into a smaller, softer one. She started really fussing now and I knew she was hungry so I picked a spot (one comfy chair out of about 15 or so) and pulled out her big blanket ready to cover. Okay, I'm really shy about most things, so with breastfeeding it's no different. There were women all confident and carefree whipping it out like it was nothing and then there was ME. Okay, I know I need MUCH more practice, but I felt so awkward and dumb trying to juggle my baby, blanket, and shirt at the same time. Well anyway, I'm NOT going into detail so don't you worry, but it ended up being a pretty frustrating experience for us both. I really want to master the whole deal and I think I will... but oh man that was tough!
So, we're going over to Taytum and Jared's this evening for dinner, which I'm really excited about! I don't have to cook and it'll be a REAL, home cooked, "Sunday Dinner". YAY! Okay, well that's enough for now.

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

She looks so pretty in her dress!!! Good job Tanner it sounds like you did good!We cant wait to meet Layla!