Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Genius!

I was talking with Tanner the other day about my Friday doctor visit. Neither of us think it looks very promising, especially because I haven't had any active contractions since Sat. I think that I may have dilated some since Sat., but not enough to really make a difference. Then, I started to do my regular complaining to Tanner about how badly my back hurts and he reminded me of something!! See, I am so used to bad back pain even when I'm NOT pregnant (due to 3 previous spinal cord surgeries), that often times I just tend to forget about it. That is probably something that I should bring up with my Doc. just to see what he says. Before I was pregnant I had to be very cautious of how much weight I lifted, or what activities I participated in, not wanting to put unwanted stress on my back/spine. Well why would it be any different now?? I'm carrying around a lot of extra weight, I'm sure that it's stressin' my back out!! I can feel it, ALL THE TIME!! But I just kinda forget that I've got a special situation and I've never talked about it with these new Docs. Maybe, just maybe they'll be concerned about my back, enough to say that we can deliver a bit early! Especially because I'm already at a 5 and over 36 weeks now. They wouldn't want this baby to get TOO big and then end up causing horrible damage to my precious spinal cord, RIGHT??

Well, I know that I'm sounding pretty desperate these days and obviously have had too much time on my hands to think about getting this baby out. It may be a bit pathetic... but I'm SO ready and I just KNOW my baby is too. In ACTUAL REALITY I know that whatever the doctors decide to do and advise me to do, is the REAL RIGHT thing. I know that they just want what's in my baby's best interest (and so do I! Regardless of how it may seem sometimes). I just keep praying that it'll happen soon!! Maybe I'm jinxing it though! Well, please send lots of labor vibes my way!

No comments: