Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back pain... where'd you go?

Here's me when we first got the news that I was 4cm dilated and THOUGHT we'd be having our baby that day. Calling my mom to tell her the news.
(very flattering pic, I might add)


Tanner thought it'd be funny to take a picture of "US" in the hospital. Of course he decided to do it when I was contracting. How nice
.


He caught me!! I'm doing the dishes, when I'm supposed to be on bed/couch rest! They were calling my name!


So, It's been almost 3 days now since that hospital visit and a whole bunch of nothing has happened. It's kinda frustrating to know that my body was ready, in labor, and then now it's just dormant again. I get an assortment of contractions each day, but they never last, or hurt bad enough. Now that I know what REAL labor feels like (which is mostly in my lower back), I keep getting mad that it's all in my front. I know it'll happen soon enough, and more importantly, when she's ready to make her debut.

I called the Doctor's office today to ask a question about my appointment on Friday. I wanted to know if I'd be checked for sure (which I assumed the answer was YES) and if they found that I had made progress and dilated to a 6 or more, would they admit me?? She said, ONLY IF YOU'RE IN ACTIVE LABOR THEN. Darn, I probably wont be. And she said that there was a lady a while back who was dilated to an 8, two weeks early and still made it to her due date. That's VERY reassuring, thanks! I've still got about 4 weeks to go till my expected due date. Maybe that will make a difference though, being this early and already at a 5. Who knows though!! I guess Heavenly Father knows, but he likes to keep these things a surprise! I just keep praying for patience and lots of positive energy. NO MORE INTERNET READING. I've kept going online and reading stories that scare me to death! So NO MORE of that! Okay, well I'll keep you updated!

No comments: