Thursday, August 23, 2007

New Bedding and a Crazy Dr. Visit

Baby's Bedding


You may have noticed that this is WITHOUT the mattress, because we hadn't purchased one yet, but you get the main idea... right? It's cute! I like it. Really girly, which freaked Tanner out a bit, but he says he likes it too. I'm in the process of painting some art to put up in the nursery to match this pink. I can't wait for our little lady to sleep in here! Although, she'll probably sleep in our room for the first couple months, but we'll see.

OH! I have to tell you about the crazy doc's office visit I had yesterday!! Okay, so it was a routine check up, except for the Group B test, which really was no big deal. I went in and met Dr. Allred for the first time and I really think he's my favorite. Way nice, very personable, and talks to you like person. I told him about being concerned with my hair constantly falling out throughout pregnancy and he told me that I should get my blood drawn to make sure I have enough iron in my body. Fine with me! Unlike a lot of people, I really don't have any problem with needles. It may have something to do with the numerous spinal cord surgeries and hospital stays I've had.... but maybe not :) ANYWAY, the nurse comes in and starts setting everything up. The doctor is still talking with me while she pokes away and all of a sudden I hear "Uh oh!!". I look down and see blood splattered everywhere! All over her, all over my arm, and of course all over my white capri's. I felt bad for her, I could tell she was really embarrassed and extremely sorry. "Not a big deal, don't you worry about it" that's what I said!! I couldn't believe my ears! I really wanted to burst into tears because my fav. pregnancy pants were ruined, but I kept my cool. I was very proud of myself. Then some other, older nurse came in and started poking away at my other arm and finally was successful at stealing my blood. I felt really bad though for all the girls in the waiting room who were there for the first time! One look at me walking out of there, bandaids all up and down both arms, blood splattered all over my pants, that must have scared them to pieces! Luckily I survived :) and somehow managed to get most of the blood out of my pants with a really handy stain stick I got from my bridal shower! I guess that's it for now.

No comments: