Saturday, March 22, 2008

Recipes

Crazy Grin
Talking to the camera
I love to play with my socks
I love it when I find Mommy's toys

Here are a couple recipes that I've had some requests for lately. They are simple, yet very yummy and bound to please the whole family. I got them from my Mother in Law and make them very often. Thanks Colleen!


Scalloped Potatoes

4 Potatoes boiled and sliced thin

1 can Cream of Chicken Soup

1 cup Sour Cream

2 maybe 3 cups of shredded Cheddar Cheese (I eyeball it)


Boil the potatoes. (Some people boil them whole, let them cool, then slice them. I've been slicing them first, then boiling them. Both ways work) In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, and 2-3 cups of cheese. Mix in the potatoes. Pour into a casserole dish and sprinkle the top with more cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-45 mins. Until the cheese mixture is bubbly throughout.


Chicken Enchiladas

2 Chicken Breasts

package of tortillas

1 cup of Cream of Chicken Soup

1 cup of Sour Cream

1 can of enchilada sauce

1 can of green chilies

3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

(makes about 10 med. size enchiladas)


Cook chicken breasts (I prefer to boil them). Shred the chicken into bite size pieces. Pour the enchilada sauce into a pie dish (for easy dunking of the tortillas). Combine Soup, sour cream, chilies, and about 2 cups of cheese (more or less if you prefer) in a large bowl. Add in the shredded chicken. Dunk the tortillas (one at a time) in the enchilada sauce, just so they are covered completely (slowly shake off access sauce) and spoon the chicken mixture in the middle. Wrap up the enchilada and place into a casserole dish. Line them all up and sprinkle cheese on the top. Bake at 350 for about 35 mins or until heated all the way through. Eat and enjoy!




No comments: