Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Here's what Tanner woke up to! haha, such nice wrapping huh?? We didn't have anything else. The present on the left was The Office Season 3 (which happens to be inside of an oatmeal box! I knew he already had an idea what he'd be getting, so I wanted it to be a different shape). Then the present on the right is a book that he really wanted, "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith", which is wrapped with a pink stuffed elephant to change the shape as well. I know, I'm weird. Excuse: Layla woke up at 4:45am that morning, so I wasn't really thinking clearly yet when I set it all up.
I wanted Layla to add something to our "card", but she unfortunately held the marker completely still. So I started tickling her and this is what we came up with.
After Tanner opened his presents, he decided to fling the wrapping paper on Layla! This is how it landed!
She thought it was pretty funny.
We had a bunch of friends/family over that evening. Here's a picture of Tanner's cousin Callie's son Kobi, trying to hold the BIG baby. It was really funny, because as you can see, they're almost the same size! Layla is a porker, what can I say. (Tanner also had to add that Chris looks like Matt Hasselbeck in this picture :)
All in all, it was a really fun/busy day. We ordered pizza and I made fruit pizza! Haylee and Lucas brought over a super yummy cake and Taytum and Jared brought the famous chips :) We love you guys and Happy Birthday again, Tanner! 24, yahoo!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I keep trying to get Stuart to let me have an Office fancy dress party. We love the Office. I'd probably be Dwight. Fact!

Laura said...

When we come back we'll have an Office Party with Office themed food ie. Calculator cake, Jello with pens in it etc... and if there's someone who's lactose intolorant we'll have ice-cream cake!