Friday, September 5, 2008

No Pictures= No Fun

I've been really bummed lately, because there have been so many opportunities to take great pictures and I have NO IDEA where my camera battery charger is! So... I will update you in word of all the cute/fun new things Layla is doing. 

  • She walks like a maniac now. Her arms are outstretched and she waves her hands and fingers as she goes, sorta resembling a crazy mummy. 
  • She has finally mastered the stairs going BOTH directions! And she'll clap for herself each time she goes up or down.
  • She claps, folds her arms (occasionally), and rolls her arms/fits. All three of these motions she'll do pretty much on command. 
  • She finally learned how to stand up on her own, without holding onto furniture or my leg and just takes off! 
  • Okay, so I'm sure that most other kids have mastered this next one by now, but I am very excited to say that Layla can now tip her sippy cup up to drink on her own! No more assisted drinking! (although now she thinks it's funny to take a drink and then let it trickle down her shirt...)
  • She says "Ba!" anytime she sees a ball. And will point to any light in the house and say, "Uh!" (meaning up). 
  • If I ask her where my nose is, she'll quickly stab it with her finger until I say "NOSE!" and then laughs histarically.
  • During bathtime she plays with little animals/water creatures (a dolphin, turtle, fish...etc.) And when I ask her to find one, "Where's the fishy?" She'll search in the water until she pulls out the correct one to show me!
  • She's gotten to be a lot more lovey since we've moved too, which I really enjoy. I'll ask for some loves and she'll hug on me. She's even learning how to give big slobbery kisses!
Well that's enough for now... I'm super tired and still a bit upset about not having new pictures to post. Hopefully the charger will magically appear tomorrow!

2 comments:

Greg and Michelle said...

All those things that she is doing now is so fabulous!! Regardless of how many other kids may be doing it, all that matters is that Layla has mastered it and for that you should be happy!! I find myself getting overly excited about new milestones that Deagan hits, and it is so fun to read about other little kids his age. You guys are the best!! I hope you find your charger soon!

Samantha and Dustin said...

Hey Jessica! When are you guys moving back? Are you already? You should come by some time to say hi!