Monday, June 22, 2009

Trip to the school

Tanner's sister Sharsti came for a visit this last week/weekend. We loved having her here! She really was a perfect houseguest! Babysat Layla, went out with us, helped me clean even! We love her and miss her already. Layla has asked many times, "Where Shurshi?"

Well we decided to go visit campus and show Sharsti around. I had never been to the school gardens and was impressed by how pretty it was. Layla loved it there too!


Her favorite part were the "Piders and Bishies" You know how there are water spiders, well Layla is an unusual girl and thought they were very cute.


She loves being independent and though it was so great that she could stand on the edge of the fountain by herself... for about 5 seconds. We grabbed her quickly after this picture was taken because she was getting dangerously close to the edge.


If you know Layla, or have been around her lately, you'll know that she loves statues. Well maybe it's just the word that she loves because this look is screaming, "Get me off this giant scary lady!!" 


I had asked her if she wanted to sit on the statue's lap and she replied, "Okay" and so I hoisted her up. While lifting and juggling Layla and my camera, a picture was randomly taken. I couldn't help but laugh after I saw what it captured. 

I may have scarred her for life. 

1 comment:

Greg and Michelle said...

It is so funny that Layla says "Bishies" or fish because Deagan says it the exact same way but sometimes it sounds like he is swearing. I love this age when they talk like crazy!