Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Scary Kitty

Peek-a-Boo!
My little eskimo!

Weird title, I know. But really, it's quite fitting. Today my Mom and I went shopping. First we went to Wal-Mart, bought some random items: onesies, eyeliner, popcorn, stretchy lace, a new hat for Layla. Then we decided that we needed some random groceries as well and headed over to Albertson's. Apples, sun chips, crisco, wax paper... anyway we got to the baby isle and found a few toys that made animal sounds when you pressed them. A duckie, "Quack, quack!". A frog, "Ribbit, ribbit!". And then a kitty, "MEOOOOOOOOOWZA, YIPPY YIPPY!! YAHOOO!! HEY HEY HEY!! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEOW!". This was a toy cat on steroids!! Of course we had been putting them right up to Layla in her carseat, so once we got the the cat, she started freaking out! My Mom and I couldn't stop laughing though, it was so unexpectantly hilarious. But then about 30 seconds later (while we're still laughing), I hear Layla make some weird gagging noise. I look down and she's frantically trying to swallow!! What the heck! Of course she's all strapped in, which made it difficult for a Mom who was all in a panic to get her out quickly. I managed to sweep her out and pat her on the back just in time to hear her let out the biggest cough/gag/puking noise I've ever heard. Scared me to death. She's okay, but kept swallowing strangely for the rest of the outing. So that's my story for the day... oh and I made REAL cheesecake for the first time and totally burnt it. Luckily I had enough filling left over and made a mini one that turned out great! I made three more headbands (hopefully they'll fit on Layla... I just kinda guessed the size, because she's sleeping). OH and I got a wonderful package from my Dad. A super cute San Diego Charger's cheerleading outfit, and one of those super neat picture frames with one side filled with clay so you can put your baby's hand/foot prints in it! Hopefully Layla will cooperate with that, so we can have a nice keepsake! Thanks Dad! I'll be sending a REAL letter as soon as I can get some stamps. Well, I hope everyone has had a nice day! Oh my gosh, it's WAY past my bedtime!!!

No comments: