Friday, August 1, 2008

A PRE-Birthday Party!

Okay, so Layla's ACTUAL Birthday is Aug. 31st. But I figured we won't be around all our family and friends in WA then, so we should throw a party NOW! We originally thought we'd be moving back to Idaho around the second week of Aug. so that's why I planned it so early. 

It was a cute garden/flower themed party. Really pink and girly! I made the cake and it turned out alright. I was stressed about it last night/early this morning, but I really did have a lot of fun with it. A lot of people came to celebrate and share in all the excitement. I forgot to take pictures during the actual party (I don't really know how I could have forgotten), but my mom took a lot. These are from right before people arrived.
The finished project (Top layer was strawberry cake and the bottom was chocolate)
Layla's individual cake (white cake with rasperry filling and icing)
Decorations
Pin the Petal on the Flower! It was a hit!
More decorations (maybe I went a little over the top :)
The Birthday Girl (she wore this little outfit for the first little bit, so cute! I made that tutu too! I thought it turned out quite nicely)
In action
I am going to be so sad when her chub disappears!
This is a blurry photo, but I liked it still.
Mom: "Layla, show me how old you are!"
Layla: "This many!!"
Mom: "Close..."
(okay, so that didn't really happen)
I wish this picture wasn't blurry
My baby is mad, why you ask??
Her Daddy broke her wand!
GRRRRRR.... "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to..."
There will be more soon of her actual party!

5 comments:

Stacy Jacobsen said...

Cute post! I don't know what you are talking about with the cake...if I had made that I would have been thrilled. It looked great! Sorry we didn't make it over. It looks like Layla had fun, even if Tanner broke the wand. That is why dad's shouldn't be allowed to play with the toys! Let me know if you want to do some more pictures of Layla before you leave.

- said...

that cake is beautiful! I cant believe it! She is adorable in her little tutu! what a cute idea I should make Berkley one. & I love the black and white one of her in the tutu wish we could have been there. good luck on the trip back I hope you get to fly! if not you guys can stop at our house and spend the night!

Linzi said...

Wow...I can't believe she will be one. Cute party. She looked adorable as always. You have the cutest ideas! Good job on the cake, it sounded and looked yummy.

Pilgrim Family said...

Layla is beautiful! i can't believe that she is almost one! your cake was lovely by the way!

Jessica said...

Thank you! I guess I am my worst critic when it comes to my creations. I can't wait to get back to Rexburg and throw another party! Hopefully much more low key... but still fun!