Tuesday, February 1, 2011

apology

I don't know if many people read this other than my Mother,
but I want to apologize for my absence.

I've just been busy, entertaining kiddos, trying to stay awake, cleaning up an endless amount of messes, cuddling with those mess makers, and watching my body expand at a rapid pace.
(may or may not have something to do with all the baking I've been doing. I'm quite positive I'll be at my largest ever by the time this baby comes. Oh well.)

Tanner has been just as busy if not busier. Waking at 4am for work, school and homework, helping keep me sane.
I love him.
He's the best.

Layla is going through some awfully, exhausting, pull your hair out, terrible 3's.
She is testing out her independence with vigor.
I hear phrases such as this:
- "Mom, if you put me on time out, that will just make me spill my juice all over Gwennie's head. Sorry."
or
- "Daddy, if you don't draw on my back at night time, that'll make me hit your head on the coffee table."
And she really means it.

Las night we were sitting down for dinner and the girls didn't like my chicken, so I made them chicken noodle soup. Gwen inhaled it. Layla took one tiny bite and swiftly pushed it off the counter, spilling ALL OVER the place.
"I'm sorry, but if you tell me to eat soup, that will make me spill it."
We put her on time out and watched this pattern occur at least 3 other times, before she finally gave in and ate the dang soup.
So tiring.
But she CAN be very cute and sweet at times as well.
And it's been fun to watch her social life expand.
She loves her friends, Briella, Sammie, Katelyn, Kaleb, and Hunter.
Talks about them all the time.
Gotta love her.

Gwen is as cute as ever.
She's 15 mo. and still not walking.
(Not on her feet anyway)
She's mastered the knee walk and barely crawls anymore, because of it.
I hope she starts to realize how much more efficient it'd be to walk on her feet... but she seems content for now.
She's been talking up a storm lately and one of her favorite new words is "Puppy".
As soon as she sees a dog (in a book, on a movie, or even other animals that slightly resemble a dog) She'll perk up and say, "Puppy!! Woof Woof!" and move hear head up, as if she's howling.
Cutest thing.
She'll also say "kitty, moww" and "teet teet" for birds.
She's a very sensitive little spirit, just like her sister. Doesn't take much to make her cry.
We love her dearly.

I'm still in a bit of denial about inviting another another baby into the mix.
We're very excited, yet it still doesn't quite seem real.
I'm sure that'll change real soon, once my growing belly sticks out far enough for the world to see. It won't take very long either, considering this is my 3rd.
We're both thinking GIRL, just because it's hard to imagine a boy at this point, but would both be very pleasantly surprised if he's a HE.
Thankfully we still have about 6 months to decide on a name too.
We'll need all the help we can get.

So... yeah, I haven't taken very many pictures lately, because I haven't been in the mood.
The below freezing temps have gotten me down and all I want to do is bake yummy food and eat it.
All.
So that is life.
I'll be back to normal eventually!

2 comments:

Greg and Michelle said...

I still love to check your blog, and get so excited when you post!
This post made me laugh, not because I think it is funny but because how you describe Layla is like describing Deagan. Who said the terrible 2s were hard because I think that 3 has been the hardest age yet. Bless those independent souls and bless their mommas to help them survive the day.
This has been a really hard winter for us too. I can't wait for the sun to come back.
I am so excited for baby #3! You make the best mom, and you guys just make beautiful children!
Miss you terribly!

Jen said...

No apologies because we all need take a break from blogging sometimes.. life is just so busy!

And we still need to get together sometime for a playdate. I'm starting to go crazy stuck inside all day!