Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Recently

We've had a few more gorgeous, sunny days lately and we've taken full advantage of each of them. Layla is once again OBSESSED with the park and talks about it all day long. Although, she still is quite scared of even the most simple playground activities. Such as walking up the stairs to get ON the jungle gym... she crawls. And there's no way you'll catch her walking across that insanely scary bridge. Absolutely not. It's quite hilarious actually to watch her get on the "toddler" jungle gym and have babies passing her up and doing things Layla wouldn't dare do... such as go down the slide. She's a scaredy cat for sure, but we sure love her.
Lately Layla has started speaking for Gwen. She'll inform me when she's happy and likes something or if she hates a certain show on t.v. She even told me that Gwen didn't like my hair-do the other day. Nice. And whatever Gwen has, Layla will usually let me know that Gwen told her she could have it. Like this Boppy.
Silly.
Gwen is at the stage where she is getting more and more interested in toys and actually showing some attachments to certain things. Such as this Elmo. This is the one of the first things (besides Layla) that she has shown such a strong liking to. She gets extremely excited when she sees it and instantly strikes up a converstation with the little monster.
I should get a video of it, it really is cute.
Here she is practicing her sitting.




Proof
(sorry Gwen)
Oh, and cookies.
I'm doing a Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge.
Each weekend this summer I will be baking a different choc. chip cookie recipe in search of our (my) favorite! This was the first one I tried... good but not GREAT.

2 comments:

Miriam Lusk said...

So precious! We had so much fun playing with you guys the other day! We really need to do it more often. And I have an awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe you should try. It is da bomb.com .

Kyle and Alyssa said...

I knew it!!! May 16th, right??? I was in the bathroom the other day when it dawned on me..."I think Jessica just had a birthday...I better send a text (I know how lame am I?)" So are you 24? I think you and Jon are the same age, but I could be wrong...you don't look old, you are so pretty! I bet you are going to be just like your mom and quit aging:) Anyway now that both my kids are sleeping I can type freely...ah it feels so nice to use two hands! I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE your blog and all of those adorable pictures you put on. I love how creative you are with designing your own photo studio...I wish you could take some pictures of my kids!!!

How interesting that Layla won't go down the slide:) She's going to read that one day and laugh! I love how she tells you what Gwen says...ha ha she's so smart! Gwen is looking so grown up and super pretty! It feels like you just barely had her, but I know that's not true. I wish we could have celebrated your birthday with you! That would have been nice. Remember when you were visiting at my house and I wouldn't give you a birthday card because I wasn't finished coloring your letters to your name??? Anyway, you told me just to let you have it, but I refused to give it up until it was done all the way, and you were worried that I would never finish it, and I don't think I did finish it...I remember seeing it in my drawer for months afterward...how sad...why did I bring this up???? I'd better go before I say something else....