Thursday, March 5, 2009

Disneyland Day One




There are SO, SO many pictures to sort through, I apologize. I decided that two posts would be sufficient. It was honestly some of the best fun I've had in a long time. No regrets, although I missed my Layla girl like crazy and cherished our phone conversations. There's nothing like hearing, "Mommy, wuh boo" (love you), when you're so far away from your baby. 

I am SO appreciative of my husband. He is nothing short of WONDERFUL in every way. Layla absolutely LOVES her Daddy and I am so blessed that they have each other. I am also thankful for my amazing sister in law who invited my family to stay with them for the weekend. It was so comforting to know that another Mom would be around, to give her those extra hugs and cuddles. Thank you!!

And now we'll get on with the show... 
(Sorry there's a lot. I have to also note that to those of you who don't know me personally, you may be shocked by the extreme goofiness that shines through like a gem)

Our hotel was right across the street, so we were the lucky ones who got to walk everywhere! This is like an hour before the park opened. We were WAY too excited to stay locked up inside. Let me introduce you to my brother Paul. (He's the one RIGHT in front) WAY fun, WAY silly, WAY talented. He took most of the pictures on our trip. I was too excited to remember to do anything except love Disneyland. Paul told us to act excited... I think I win.


Okay, this is funny to me, because it's my Mom taking the picture. We requested to have our picture taken, while jumping for joy.
 This was the result.

The lovely train station! Thankfully, Paul chose not to let the boot into the picture.

Beautiful Day


Mom and I. 
Take notice that my hair looks relatively styled and normal now. That did not last.


I thought this picture was really interesting. It makes the castle look very dark and almost creepy, which is a strong contrast to the bright and cheery appearance we all can recall in our minds of Disneyland. 
The dark side...

You can already see my hair flattening. The Matterhorn is a great ride. We rode it many times and noticed that the track on the left is definitely better.

My Family (minus my Loves)

There's a huge rocket mist blaster right outside of Space Mountain. My brothers waited probably 10 minutes for it to turn on. I really like how this picture turned out. It captures Andrew perfectly, his personality even. He's a very passionate and intense guy. He has a very easy going appearance, which can be deceiving, because once you begin to talk with him it's clear that he has so much more to say. I just love how he stands out, almost as if he's been waiting to be seen in the right light. (okay I may be going to deep... it is late at night)

And I just thought this giant snow globe was cool, so I was glad to see that Paul took a picture of it :)


We had never been to California Adventure and were pleasantly surprised with all that it had to offer. Although I did most of my exploring there on Day 2.

My hair had officially called it quits at this point.

Main Street all lit up and sparkly

Yeah... what did I say about being goofy? I think it may be a bit eccentric here.

Indiana Jones is SO great though!


Can you spot the "Hidden Mickey"? We were pretty proud of ourselves.

(It's the outline of Mickey Mouses head... Don't feel too bad if you can't see it. A young couple next to us probably thought we were insane for taking pictures of a wall, they obviously weren't looking hard enough) :)

So that's it for Day 1. Such a fun day. We actually fit some time in for eating and swimming, although this was NOT a vacation to catch up on sleep. I was WAY too excited each day. 

6 comments:

Kyle and Alyssa said...

Sounds like you had a blast and your foot didn't slow you down a bit! Call me when you get the chance! It was nice to see all of you so grown up! All three of you seem really tall next to your mom. I never thought she was short before...

Laura said...

So much fun! I love it. I enjoyed pretending I was there with you whilst reading it. I want to go back to Disneyland again. Someday...

Laura said...

Jessica, I need to see you before I leave but you forget that I don't have a drivers license! Maybe I'll have a girls night before we leave and you'll have to come!

Greg and Michelle said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! We need to get together soon!

The Bedke Fam said...

it looks like a blast. i'm SO jealous. your family seems so fun. i'm so happy that you got to go. i love the crazy/sillyness. that's how my fam is.

- said...

oh I love that place it is seriously the happiest place on earth!