Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Poof!

Yeah, these past few weeks... ehh, more like months. I've been a slacker when it comes to blogging. What can I say, Winter sucks! Okay well that's really NO excuse at all. Well, not a good one anyway. It's true though, I really dislike winter. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas and all the festivities surrounding it... except for the cold stuff. I've tried to love snow, but I just don't. I know that the majority of this hate for snow has arisen from my move from regular, moist, Washington, to freeze your tush off, slip and break your neck Rexburg, Idaho. (There were a LOT of commas in that sentence!) Who knows if this dislike will ever fade away. I'm kind of hoping it will, especially since I have at least 2 more years here and Layla and Tanner are quite fond of it. I don't really want to be titled the "Bum" mom who doesn't leave her nice and warm home for fear that she'll get snow on her pants, that'll eventually melt into a big wet mess. I'll suck it up someday, but right now I like to use the excuse that I don't have any snow clothes and with a numb foot, I'd practically be committing suicide by trying to play outside.

On a brighter note... We've adjusted just fine to the new semester. Tanner definitely will be keeping busy with his class load and little job. I'm loving staying home with Layla and planning fun games and activities inside to occupy our time while the snow hogs all the fun outside. I'm slowing self teaching myself how to sew. I have this feeling that I'm going to be making up all these weird terms and have crazy names for things and then when someone talks to me about sewing, I'll sound like a complete nut! Oh well, whatever helps me learn. I'm still looking for a local class or something for fun, so if you know of anything, please let me know! 

Layla these days is a real hoot! I am so incredibly in LOVE with her and her personality. She's so SPICY! I know that is a weird descriptive word, but lately that fits her to a T! She's soaking up everything I'm teaching her and practically begs for more. She's starting to really repeat what I say, which is SO fun, yet dangerous at the same time! She loves blowing "buh-boos" (bubbles) and asks for them constantly. She knows where all the best snack are in the pantry and will occasionally be found pushing her little desk thingy to the food, hoping to reach the goods. She's really into Princesses (thanks to her Grandma's this Christmas) and loves her babies. She thinks it's SOO funny when I take her babies clothes off to take a bath! She'll immediately chuckle once or twice, then seriously crouch down and begin to point to and help me name all of her body parts! I found her today putting one of her huge diapers on her baby. So funny. She finally has begun to address me as "Mom" or "Momma", which is pretty monumental for me, because it has been "Dad, Dad, Dad...." up until this point. I've always been her favorite... (just to clarify :) But I think she didn't feel that she HAD to say my name, because I was always around, and ready to cater to her every whim. Joking. 

Well... this post is getting really long and boring now... but I've got to say that it has felt quite nice to type instead of write. I LOVE journaling and I think it's one of my greatest forms of therapy. I think I was trying to convince myself for a while that blogging wouldn't give me the same beneficial feeling as does writing out a couple pages each day. Well I have to say that I was wrong!! Well, it's not the same, but it's definitely in the same category of "feel good" and "release of energy". So hopefully, now that I've once again regained some blogging excitement, there will be more posts in the near future. So long for now, faithful blog reader.

P.S. I get to go to Disneyland in February!!

P.P.S. I've gained 7lbs through the holidays. Shame shame.

(not really sure why I added that. Maybe it's because I've felt guilty and now my conscience feels clean!)

3 comments:

Taytum and Jared said...

hey Jess I know how it feel to be a prisoner of the Rexburg snow well in my case the St. anthony snow :) i rarely leave my apartment, but one of these days we should venture out and get together :)

Kyle and Alyssa said...

Yea! you're back! I am really disliking the snow myself. Are you sure the 7 lbs isn't from another source, besides the holidays??? :) I think we should have an "I hate winters in Rexburg" party!

Nicole said...

You're coming to California?? When? How long? I'd love to see you!