Friday, January 23, 2009

Birdies



I really wish I could capture all the awe and wonder of simple things, the way that my Layla does. It would make the world so much sweeter.

Today we were driving to the store and I hear Layla in the backseat saying, "teet, teet!!" "WOW, Teet teet!" (it's her way of saying tweet)

What I first assume is random silliness, suddenly transforms into something real. I look out the window and see a bunch of birds flying together. "Tanner" I say, "Look how excited she is to see the birds!" Layla was seriously rocking back and forth with enthusiasm (sadly, we don't get out much these days). 

Tonight, after I put Layla down to sleep, I wandered into the office to check out the blogging world. Suddenly I hear a faint, "Teet teet. hehehe, teet teet."

It was seriously the cutest thing.

2 comments:

Greg and Michelle said...

How cute is that! It is amazing how something we seem to not notice brings so much joy and amazement to our little ones! I just have to tell you that I have been thinking that past couple of days how good of a mom you are. I really look up to you! I hope you have a good Sunday!

Paige said...

That's so cute!!! How funny that she'd remember them and then laugh, haha.