Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Steveson Update


Well, it's been about two months since we left Rexburg. Washington has been nice... well not really the weather, but the company! Our friends Tiffany and Jason and their baby Gunner were up here for a while. We had a lot of fun with them, getting all of our friends together again. We've had a handful of sunny days, but the overcast/cloudy/wet weather has taken over once again. Tanner and I have been able to go out on a few dates since being here too! We went and saw Iron Man on Memorial Day and LOVED it. I thought it was pretty predictable, yet very entertaining. 

Tanner has a new job now with a new company. Today is actually his first day, so hopefully he's liking it. I love him so much and am so proud of everything he's doing. I've got the hardest working, sweetest, funniest husband ever! He'll come home and have Layla and I cracking up within minutes. 

Layla is growing so quickly! She's decided that crawling is not her thing and that walking is in! Well she doesn't walk on her own yet, but she wants help walking everywhere! I think that her little hands are permanently attached to mine as she directs me where she wants to go. She actually took a few steps on her own yesterday from one plastic bin to another. Such a proud parent moment. Here are some of her other accomplishments:

  • Waves to people when she enters and exits a room and occasionally says, "Buh buh".
  • She flips through books and lifts flaps on her own babbling to the pictures. She especially loves books with babies in them.
  • She still loves to roll her fists when she gets excited.
  • Says: Dada, Momma, buh buh, with an occasional "ah dun" (all done), "beh beh" (baby), and sometimes even "up up" when she's tired of being on the floor.
  • Loves looking in the mirror and dancing to entertain herself. 
  • Eats more solid foods and is getting better with feeding herself. She'll actually take the spoon and guide it to her mouth. You just never know how much food she's actually eating. What a messy girl!
  • She now has her two bottom and top teeth. Except the the top right one still hasn't moved down enough to truly see it yet. So for the moment, she is quite the snaggle tooth.

Well that's all I can think of at the moment... I hope everyone is happy and healthy and getting better weather than WA! 

3 comments:

Leah said...

I love you Guys I actually teared up when I saw your blog. I miss you guys so much!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Sounds so exciting. We miss you guys. Hope you continue to enjoy your time there; and I hope the weather improves soon!

Greg and Michelle said...

I am so glad to see the update! I was beginning to worry! Layla is so big and cute. I love the she can "say" all done. How fun to have her communicating to you. I am excited to see you guys again!