Monday, November 1, 2010

One Year Old

Sweet, sweet girl.
Gwenyth

How can you already be a year old? Was it not just yesterday that I held you, this teeny tiny bundle of pink, bundled up and oh so perfect?

Just a few blinks and babyhood passes you by.

Wait, wait... not yet! I need more baby cuddles and tiny fingers grasping my hand. I need to inhale all your sweet baby aroma before it fades. I need to hear that soft whimper and know that I am all you need to be soothed. I need to bathe in that intense feeling of love that only a tiny baby holds for her mother. I need you to slow down with all this growing up business, please?

I love you my special girl and no matter what age you are, you will always be my baby.




Gwen is such a bright little spirit. Usually happy and content with life as it is. She LOVES her family and is still QUITE fond of her mother... what can I say, I'm the coolest. She LOVES food and will inhale most things edible placed before her, yet she's still on the tiny side. She is learning how to defend herself against her tyrant of a sister, Layla. Although they share many kind/ fun moments together as well. Layla still interprets everything that Gwen says, in such a silly, almost "possessed" tone of voice. It's really the weirdest thing. Example:
Me: "Gwennie, are you finished eating your lunch?"
Layla: "Noooo Mommy, I'm still hungrryyyyy" (imagine a raspy, deep voice here)
I don't know why Layla thinks that Gwen should have a chain smoking, grandpa voice.
Gwen sleeps really well, and is very healthy. She shows NO interest in walking and would much rather speed crawl anywhere. She can sign:
* Milk (her favorite sign)
* All done
* Please
* More
* and sometimes Tired.

and can say...
Mama, Layla, Dada, Beep, kiss, baby, and All done... out off all of those though, she says "Layla" the clearest. So cute.

It's hard to imagine our family without you.

Thankfully we don't have to.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gwen is such a sweet and beautiful little girl!