Monday, July 19, 2010

Beautiful Spiky Plants

Luckily, our townhouse is located in the very back of the complex. We get to enjoy our views of the fields behind us, instead of gazing directly at another building. This has to be one of my favorite times of year, because the green field behind us has recently transformed into this golden sea and when the wind blows, it's magical. It literally looks like an ocean with waves that swirl and dance to the rhythm of the wind. I'll have to catch it on video.
I found these prickly plants out next to the field and really have no clue as to what they are. But they're pretty to me.
Sometimes I think we forget all the beauty in the opposition of life. Those hard trials that we face and struggle to overcome, eventually can help us view life through slightly clearer lenses. I'd like to be able to find the splendor in tough times and realize their ultimate purpose. Not to torture or scar us, but to help shape and strengthen us.

Lately I've had a tough time trying to sort through life's challenges and realize just how wonderful and precious these present moments are. I don't want to miss out on any more beauty that life has to offer me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

These are lovely Jessica. I think that last one is maybe a thistle? I should know since it's the nation flower of Scotland.