Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A New Tooth!

My poor, stubborn baby! Yesterday she was totally herself, playing down at Nonna's, not a problem. Then nightime hits. She refused to breastfeed! She wouldn't even latch on a little bit, even to try it out. Now if you know Layla, you'd know how unusual this is. All you have to do is look at her chub rolls to understand that she LOVES to eat. It really bothered me and I really had no idea what to do. She was up crying and screaming for quite some time and would only calm down if there was an interesting enough distraction. She wouldn't chew on anything or take her teething rings. She wouldn't even play. She finally passed out while watching some crazy infomercial about an egg beater. Then this morning, she woke up and wouldn't eat AGAIN! Not even a little. I started thinking that she was trying to wean herself and simply wasn't interested anymore. So sad. I finally decided to pump (mainly because of the pain) and my Mother in law gave her a bottle. She took it immeadiatly and fell right asleep. Crazy girl. My thoughts were that maybe her mouth was too sore and she just didnt want to work as hard for food. Bottles allow the milk to flow pretty easily (at least that's what I'm telling myself). Anyway... we both took a good long nap and when she woke she was pretty much back to normal with a brand new little tooth. What an ordeal. I wish there weren't so many teeth in the human mouth! Unfortunately I have lots more to look forward to.

I forgot to mention that it's her left front tooth (on top). I can't wait to see what it'll look like when it moves in more! Although, I know it won't help with the biting.

2 comments:

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

That's so exciting. I remember Mikayla looked like a whole new kid once her top teeth came in. Poor Andrew is showing no signs of producing teeth anytime soon, and he wants to eat big people food so bad!

Greg and Michelle said...

More teeth! How exciting! Deagan still hasn't sprouted any yet. He has been really fussy lately, so I keep blaming it on teething, but no luck. I am glad that she is feeling better! Cranky babies are no fun! I miss you guys!