Sunday, April 24, 2011

A little bit of crazy

(Not sure why, but most of the expressions that my girls made this day were like this. Blank and blah. Not in the mood for pictures I guess.)

We've been super elated and also so sad this last week.
Such a roller coaster of crazy emotions.
Tanner graduated 2 weekends ago and we couldn't be more proud of him!
He even got a really great offer from the company he's been working part time for, which is such an answer to prayers.


I also had a scary day when I wouldn't stop contracting. Thankfully those terbutaline shots work and I was sent home with a lovely bottle of those pills (that make me so jittery!) and haven't had any real problems since.
I'm only 24 weeks along, so I DON'T want this baby coming now!


We were so happy to welcome back Breanna (Tanner's little sister and the greatest babysitter) and our friends Derek and Taylor, who've all come back to school!
Hooray for friends and family!

But also sad to say that we've experienced our first E.R. trip with Layla.
Thankfully she was completely zonked out, slept the entire visit, so no scary memories.
She was completely fine one minute, then started vomiting and shaking the next, seemingly dying of pain in her abdomen.
Scary, huh?
Well after they did an x-ray (yes, she even slept through that), they found that she had a partial obstruction and needed to get on some "softener".
Thankfully it was nothing super serious, although I don't doubt she was in a lot of pain.
Poor girl.

The sun is finally starting to show itself for longer than an hour or two, which is SO welcome here in Rexburg! We're loving every second!
Going for walks, playing in the grass, not wearing big puffy coats.
WONDERFUL!

So, all in all, we're doing just fine. Super excited for everything that's coming around the horizon...
A REAL income.
Layla's preschool.
A weekend vacation for me and my Mom!
Dance class.
Baby blankets to be sewn.
SUMMER!
And a sweet new baby girl.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Greg and Michelle said...

Wow you have had a lot going on!! I am glad that everything seems to be going better! Your girls are so beautiful!:)

kinsie said...

Are you guys staying in Rexburg?