Thursday, February 25, 2010

polka dot tots

I'm fully aware of the fact that I am becoming an addict...
Addicted to taking pictures, TONS of pictures.
It's the perfect pick-me-up for those days where the cold, snowy weather begins to threaten our zest for adventure.
1 fun polka dot blanket+ 2 cute kiddos= Super Silly Photo Day!



"I'm only two and I had a piggy cake"
(if you've talked to Layla recently, you will have heard her mention this fact to you. For some reason she has been very obsessed lately with her age and making sure you remember her piggy Birthday cake)
I love this Layla face!
It's her "I've fooled you, aren't I hilarious" look.
I think she was trying to tell me that she's really 5.
Oh... and she's been teething something SERIOUS lately. All four of her big molars are coming in.
JOY!



Gwennie really is the sweetest, silliest, and overall happiest little bundle.
She is SO easy going and sleeps A TON (6-8 hour stretches at night!), which is a miracle, considering we've been up every night with a crazy, teething toddler.
She absolutely adores Layla and is at that stage where her favorite thing is to simply watch Layla play.





Layla didn't exactly LOVE lying next to Gwen though, because that little baby hand kept grabbing for her hair. Layla can be extremely dramatic at times (wonder where she gets that from) and I couldn't help but laugh when she said that Gwennie was "stabbing" her.
Where did she get that from??
Being their Mother has been the greatest most rewarding experience of my life.
I always wished for sisters growing up, always wanting to know and understand what it was like to have that special bond.
I feel so blessed now with two amazingly sweet, beautiful girls. I am thrilled to be able to play a part in their adventures in sisterhood!

And to be perfectly honest... I'd be quite content, ecstatic really if we ended up with all girls!
(Tanner loves his girls, don't get me wrong, but something tells me Tanner wouldn't use the word "ecstatic")

1 comment:

Kyle and Alyssa said...

Hey those pictures are awesome! How are you doing in Rexburg this winter? I am so happy not to be there, but I sure do miss you guys. Your girls are going to have a lot of fun together, that's for sure!