Monday, April 7, 2008

Moving!

Tomorrow is the big day! Well for Layla and I. We'll be leaving in the morning, hopefully timing it right, so that Layla will be tired enough to sleep the whole drive down to Utah. I am a huge ball of stress at the moment and probably should be packing more things right now, but I needed a break. Don't get me wrong, Layla is a huge help. Slobbering on all the boxes, carefully knocking down each pile of laundry that I stack, and is an expert now at picking up random objects off the floor and giving them a taste. We REALLY need to vacuum! She's a cutie though. We both took a break earlier when I came across a couple bows that her Aunts made for her. She actually has enough hair for them to stay! I think it looks really silly, but it's stayed in all morning! Can't wait for more hair!!
Don't you love our living room furniture?! Camping chairs and the couch cushions. Plus a boppy for a nice headrest.
A blanket that Layla's Great Grandma Polly had made for her. So cute.
A goofy face, but this picture shows that she is growing more and more hair! It can actually get messy now!
Side view


4 comments:

Schows said...

Your Blog is adorable! Laylas hair growth is very exciting! I know it so fun when it can finally hold a bow! I got your blog from Rileys if its ok I'll add you to my list. Blogs are so fun to help stay in touch. Tyler likes our to be a private Blog, he thinks someone might try to steal our identities! oh dear. Anyway if you email me your email address then I'll send you an invite. livtylerschow@hotmail.com. Good luck with everything this summer! olivia

- said...

so are you guys gonna be back home in Wa for the summer? Im gonna be there april 30th till the 10th we should get together! have a safe trip -Emily

Kyle and Alyssa said...

hey Jessica,

I love your blog. I hope all went well with the big move. Here is the recipe for the lemon bars:
1/2 C butter
1 C flour
1/4 C powdered sugar
Combine all ingredients and pat in 9 inch sq pan. Bake 15 minutes on 350. While this is baking mix...

2 beaten eggs 1/2 tsp bkg pdr
1 C sugar 2 tsp lemon juice
2 Tb flour

pour this over the baked crust and bake again for 25 min, when cool frost with:
3/4 C powdered sugar
1 Tb butter
Lemon juice to give spreading consistancy
Call if you have any questions. The butter should be soft. I miss you already. Thanks for all the help you've given me. I'm sure I'll have more questions. Enjoy washington!
Love ya,
Alyssa

Neeley said...

Layla's hair is coming in nicely. I should warn you. Very soon she will be sporting a mullet. It will still be cute though.