Saturday, October 2, 2010

These are the moments...

These are the moments that get me through the day...

(Layla found her old Halloween Kitty hat from when she was about 2 mo. old. She was so excited that Gwen could be a kitty with her... poor Gwen. Don't think it fit all that well.)

I think it's the cutest thing when I go get my baby from a nap and find a handprint on her face. CUTE!

Layla is getting more and more determined to "teach" Gwen how to play with her. She LOVES it when we let Gwen do things that "big girls" do.
They really are sweet with each other... most of the time.

I was playing ponies with Layla and she always makes me be the ones that she doesn't like. I got stuck with Mr. Lightning Bolt with no tail. I was voicing his concern and embarrassment over not having a tail and she immediately perked up and said, "I'll fix you!" She brought out Mr. Potato Head's Eyes... not sure if that helps in the embarrassment department, but hey it'll be great for flying backwards.

A few things Layla has said lately that had me laughing out loud:

- As she was drinking her juice she announced, "Mom, I think I have a throat now!"

- I asked her if she wanted a banana or apple with lunch, she replies "how bout some meatloaf."

- We were watching a show and a commercial for Disneyland came on. She got so excited and said,
L- "Remember when I threw the penny in the water and said..I wish I will go to Disneyland!??"
M- "Yes. I remember..."
L- (then in a very soft, dreamy voice) "Someday my dreams will come true"
It was cute.

- She randomly informed me that Gwen said she likes to look at bottoms. Weird.

-We went to the dollar store the other evening to buy some coin rolls. Tanner went in the store, while I stayed in the car with the girls. There's a McDonald's in the same lot and Layla kept asking to go there. I told her no, because we don't need to eat there and it costs money. Tanner finally gets back to the car and hands me the big bag of rolls and Layla shouts, "Mom! Dad bought you some money! Now we can go!"

I love my job.


5 comments:

Miriam Lusk said...

HAha Layla is so funny! The eyes on the pony is my favorite!

Ally said...

Layla is gorgeous and hillarious!! And Gwen is a cutie and seems like a great sport! The pony with the eyes is awesome!! We should go to the park together while this wonderful weather lasts!

Mikki and Greg said...

Cute cute cute! Layla says the funniest things. Thanks for sharing-makes me laugh!

Mikki

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

Layla is too funny, I love the meatloaf comment! haha

Was that YOUR my little pony from when you were little? Because I had the same exact one!

Schows said...

lol She's hilarious! Great problem solving Layla!