Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gwenyth Ivy

Gwenyth Ivy Steveson
October 31, 2009
5 lbs. 13 oz. 19 in.


We have a little Halloween baby! Little Gwen has been such an angel, exceeding everyone's expectations on how wonderful and cooperative an early baby can be. I have been SUPER lucky to have my husband here with me. My biggest wish throughout this pregnancy has been to have Tanner make for her birth. He came up to visit on Friday, just for the weekend and what do ya know, my contractions started that evening! I was admitted around 4 am, still at 2 cm dilated. We just waited around, I took a long bath, tried to sleep, dilating a centimeter every hour or so. The doc finally broke my water around 10 am and 3 short hours later, little miss Gwenyth was born! I've got to say that this labor was a very different experience, compared with my first. Seemed to take a while longer to really get going, BUT I'd have to say that it was definitely less traumatic. Much calmer.

Because she was born 3 weeks early, they decided to keep her in the nursery the first couple of nights. Luckily it wasn't for anything serious, just to play things on the safe side. She did really well, never needed an IV or any medications. So after 1 extra day at the hosptial (which seemed much longer), we were able to take our Gwennie girl home!

She's definitely got some lips! Her mouth is quite big as well :)

Moments after Gwen was born. Not a very flattering picture of myself, but it was a precious moment.

Our little sleeper. You really do forget just how much new babies sleep! Hopefully I can get more pictures up later. Layla has been adjusting really well. It has helped a lot to have so many helpers around. She is always wondering where the baby is and says she's SO CUTE. One silly thing is that she won't allow anyone else to hold her for very long, because that's, "Mommy's baby." hehe. So funny. I feel very blessed to be the Mommy of TWO beautiful, healthy girls and have the most amazing husband by my side.

7 comments:

Greg and Michelle said...

I can't tell you how long I have waited for this post from you!!!! It is so exciting! She is absolutely beautiful!!! And I LOVE her name! That picture of the two of you after she is born is absolutely perfect. It captures that moment so well. You are such a great mom! This makes me SO excited to have our little one here. I wish I was closer to you so I could see that sweet little girl in person and to help you if you needed it! You are in my thoughts!

Zak and Allysia said...

Congratulations! What a blessing your hubby was able to be there! The adjustment to having 2 is a challenge but how wonderful it is to have that new little one home and healthy!

- said...

I didn't realize that you just started having contractions when Tanner was already there- how lucky! Im glad it went so smoothly.shes so cute and so teeny tiny! cant wait to see her!

Megan Marie said...

Jess, you look great! Even moments after all of that. I'm so glad that it was peaceful and that Tanner was there with you. Did he have to leave again the next day?

You really do make beautiful babies. This post makes me excited for my day to come. :)

Linzi said...

You have such beautiful babies! Congrats on the new daughter. She is adorable! Having two daughters is the greatest :)

Julia said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations. Can't wait to meet her!

Leah said...

She is so precious and perfect in every way! Good job on the delivery!I heard you were a champ! congrats! love you guys! cant wait to see you at Christmas!